Deadline: Continuing Opportunity
Comcast NBCUniversal launched the LIFToff CareTech Challenge for enterprise-ready startups worldwide with a demonstrated product market fit and a desire to make technology more inclusive.
LIFToff is a program developed by Comcast NBCUniversal’s Startup Engagement team. Based on industry best practices and team learnings, they developed an open innovation process flow that identifies opportunities for partnerships and commercial agreements between Comcast NBCUniversal and startups on the eve of large-scale marketing. Partner with enterprise-ready startups to test new products, technologies, and processes that solve business challenges and meet customer needs.
Specific areas of interest include care coordination solutions, family communication portals, smart planning platforms, technology services that bridge the trust gap or offer advocacy and support to caregivers or those in need of care. .
The team will be involved in all aspects of the program and collaborate with internal and external partners as appropriate, including:
- start-up prospecting
- Review and verification of applications
- Business validation and due diligence
- Animation of demos
- Proof of concept/pilot animation
- Pilot transfer/completion
This is an opportunity for an accelerated proof of concept and the possibility of obtaining a paid pilot and/or commercial agreement with Comcast NBCUniversal. Selected program participants may be eligible for the following rewards and benefits:
- Comcast NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Partnership and/or Commercial Agreement
- Access Comcast NBCUniversal’s expertise, test environments and datasets to further develop your offering.
Selected participants in this LIFToff CareTech Challenge may be eligible for:
- Up to $250,000 in investment funding through SAFE (Simple Agreement for Future Equity)
- Potentially Paid Pilot Contract with Comcast NBCUniversal
- Access to the Comcast NBCUniversal Network of Business Leaders, including mentorship and connections to business units, where applicable
In order to be eligible to apply for the Program, your company must:
- be a corporation (and not an LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other form of legal entity) incorporated in any of the states of the United States, unless otherwise agreed in advance in writing by Comcast;
- Be an early to mid-stage healthcare technology startup (CareTech) with at least one minimum viable product in beta testing or live in the market;
- focus on the challenges of the care economy; and
- be willing to provide additional information about you and your business as requested by Comcast, and to sign additional agreements as requested by Comcast, including to accept an investment from Comcast or one of its affiliates if selected for investment under the program.
They will assess the strength of applicants based on the following criteria:
- Management team: Has unique expertise on the business challenge presented
- Technology differentiators: technology must meet privacy and data security/segregation requirements; the technology is ready for production-scale implementation
- Corporate experience: Company has executed projects or POCs with Global 2000 companies; implementation on production data; has the ability to support a client company, ideally at scale
- Product maturity: the company’s product is beyond prototype mode and is ready for production
- Investment and Funding: Funded by reputable VCs and/or VCs with sufficient funding and a series indicating sufficient market validation
For more information, visit https://lift.comcast.com/liftoff/liftoff-caretech-challenge/